So, in other news:
- It's cold. Like in the teens for you Fahrenheit users or below zero for you Celsius folk.
- It snowed about 8 inches the other day. Probably some othe biggest snow flaeks I have ever seen. Like little angles were throwing snowballs at us from Heaven. They made this place actually look kinda nice. Then a lot of it melted and now this place is a big sheet of ice. I have nearly broke my neck about a dozen times now. It's going to happen, I just hope no one is there to laugh at me when I bounce my head off the pavement.
- With the 8 inches of fresh snow we decided to build a 6 foot snow penis. I know, way to go guys...We are like a bunch of teenagers overhere. Everyone got a good laugh out of it, including our Korean pilot neighbors. We took some photos with them and laughed some more, then left it there by the runway for everyone to admire. One group didn't. Sorry AF friends... But it was the piece of shit Air Force Pararescue dirt bags next door and their whiny ass ugly females. They decided to call up the chain of command and raise hell and get everyone pissed off and in our business. No one in our command had a problem with it but they were pissed that it became such an issue. One commander was quoted as sayinghe "would be more worried if his attack pilots were building snowmen...." If they had any courage in meaningless lives they would have come over and told us to knock it down or done it themselves, or shut their eyes for the short 3 months they are here. But it was cold and they didn't want to get their boots wet I imagine. This has been a series of issues with these "spec ops" wanna-be's next door. Just wait until the next snow fall...
- Moving on, I haven't got a haircut since early November. My hair is beyond long, extremely out of regulation and I get death stares from senior enlisted everyday at chow. I love it.
- Did I mention it is cold?
- The walk to and from the shower at 0400 every morning has become rather miserable. It's only about 50 yards from my room to the shower trailer, but in only flip flops and shorts in nearly single digits is getting rather unbearable.
- My wife got me a GoPro HD camera. It's one of those really nice ones you mount on your helmet when you are snowboarding or skydiving or living a wild and extreme life. I don't think she remembers how un-exciting I am. Maybe she is telling me to get off the couch and do cool stuff. Either way I will try to film some flying here before to long.
- Finally, 110 days until I go on R&R... But who's counting?
"She'd never been to Texas, never heard of King Kong..." - Spoon
No comments:
Post a Comment