To catch you up on what all has gone on will not take long.
The reason for that is the fact that not a lot has gone on. Things have been
rather quite around here for the most part. My life has become what I can only
describe as dreadfully boring, to the point that I am miserable. I like
deploying, and I like being in the Army. What I do not like is deploying away
from my family and doing nothing in the Army.
It’s a waste of time, and the past several weeks have been just that, a
waste of time.
Politics, poor policies, and terrible leadership are mostly
to blame. You can also throw is poor personnel and resource management as well.
Obviously I am frustrated with the way this whole thing is going right now. My
initial impression of deployed aviation is that it’s nothing but spoiled
princesses. It makes me sick and regret my decision to join such a group. I
don’t want to be seen as a diva.
But aviation definitely has that stereotype.
This however is only a first impression, and while first
impressions due last, I am going to see it through in hopes that things will
improve. So I will sit and wait until then I suppose.
| My new kicks |
I have been spending my time doing several things to help
pass the time. I visit Green Beans Coffee House regularly these days and don’t
miss to many meals. The sitting combined with the abundance of food has made me very
concerned about my fitness. This has resulted in a pretty good workout routine
that I have begun. We have a small little gym that is right by our B-huts. It’s
nothing to amazing but it has the basics and if you work hard enough you can
get a good workout in. I have been running a lot as well. As mentioned in one
of my previous post, this place has a lot of rocks. My normal running shoes
were always getting rocks stuck in them so I decided to purchase some new
shoes. I chose trail shoes, and went with a minimalist style. This is my first
experience with minimalist shoes and so far I really do like them. It has taken
awhile to get use to and my calves are smoked after even a short run, but I am
beginning to add more and more distance to my runs and hope to be back to
running 20 miles a week. This has all given me a goal to work towards and
helped keep my mind off the other BS that continues to play out here.
Lots of fun here….But things may be changing soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment