This blog will not be like the last. This deployment will not be like the last either. There won’t be heart felt stories about going and passing out candy to kids at a school or playing soccer with a rag tag group of the Iraqi Army or sipping chai tea with a family at sunrise. There will be adult language and topics, nothing will be sugar coated nor will it be glamorized. It’s a war after all.
My job is different now as a pilot. I’m now in the customer service field. My customers are the guys I use to be; the door kickers, the gunners, the kids that fight day in and day out so they can make it back to their families. Helping my customers isn’t often pretty. We don’t have flowers attached to the wings, we don’t give out hugs. Just Hellfire missiles and rockets and a chain gun under the nose that throws 30mm grenades at 625 rounds a minute. My work is rewarding in the fact that one day a kid will walk up to me at Green Beans Coffee Shop and thank me for saving him and his squad when they were under attack and not sure they would make it out until they looked up and saw the Apaches inbound.
Along with each blog I will try to add a few pictures of what’s been going on. I will try to snap a few while flying as well. Pictures on and around aviation assets is usually strictly prohibited and I don’t want to get myself or anyone else in trouble. I also don’t want the bad guys to get a glimpse on our lil base. With most entries I will add a line or two from a favorite song. I hope you all find this enjoyable and interesting, please email me with questions you have about certain things and I will try to fill you in as best I can whether on here or via email.
Thank you and enjoy.
“nobody likes to be half a world away at times like these, so I sat alone and waited out the night…” -Brand New
No comments:
Post a Comment