Sunday, October 2, 2011

Taxed Enough Already?

Nearly every day there is a flight on a US jet that leaves here taking military members to various parts of the world. This plane is funded by tax dollars just like everything else in the military. It would seem fiscally responsible that this jet is packed full of soldiers headed to their location, so awaiting soldiers can board and begin their trip back home to their families. Right?

But this is where typical military non-sense steps in. See it is widely joked about that at some high level military course that common sense is washed from all these leaders’ heads and crap is shoved back in. This case is a perfect example of that.

Often this flight heads out nowhere near full. The flight last night had 52 empty seats on it. 52! There is well over 52 soldiers waiting here to head in to the AO and I know for a fact there are 52 soldiers on the other end of this flight waiting on their replacement.

In a war that has lasted over 10 years, it is apparent that “status quo” is acceptable. Most people are of the mindset that they should just do what the unit before did for the next 12 months, don’t try anything new, just get your time done a go home. The war will never be won with people like this. These people are largely why we are still here. They also make up a large part of the military.
I just wanted to bring that to your attention. This is just on case that happens nearly daily and nothing will change. I'm sure there is some sort of BS reason why it is like that. It has something to do units ULN numbers and personnel tracking, which is garbage. Given the right resources an ape could come up with a better process. I’m sure many people before me have been disgusted with the gross inefficiency of this system. The truth is that I will get on a flight (eventually) and once I'm gone it’s not really my problem. I have to move on to the next waste of time money and resources. Don’t worry, I will tell you about all those too.

Don’t get me wrong I love the military. I just find it sick that as this country slips deeper in debt we are burning cash like this.

One thing is for sure; if the military was a private business it would have closed the door years ago and been a text book example of what not to do.
"and it was not your fault but mine.... " Mumford & Sons



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortuantely, I can't say this story shocks me, what probably is rather shocking is how many similar money-wasting stories like this one are occuring every day. And I dig the Mumford and Sons reference! Godspeed Jake.

    ReplyDelete